To get started:
· Watch a PBS American Experience documentary or an episode of the PBS show Frontline. Watch the entire film and then write a film review.
American Experience: www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/?film-online
· Read a book about U.S. history and then write a book review. Ask Mr. Toomajian for a book recommendation or suggest a book and ask Mr. Toomajian if he will approve it.
In your review, you must:
· Summarize the events in the movie, show, or book.
· Explain what you learned from the movie, show, or book and describe how it relates to the concepts that we've learned in class.
· Give your opinion about the movie, show, or book: what surprised you, what feelings you had while watching it, etc.
The review must be in your own words and must be typed and double-spaced in 12-point Times New Roman font. Use perfect grammar and spelling. Indent paragraphs and organize your review logically with an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. Your grade on this review will help to boost your project and test grades.