I know all of you have been busy at work on your Freedom Riders layered curriculum level C assignments. Below are some helpful websites for the assignments. Please note that if you have any questions regarding the assignments, make sure to ask either Mr. Toomajian or I prior to the homework's due date.
- If you are interested in reading more about the Freedom Riders and nonviolence, the following links provide some more information: PBS Freedom Riders & Nonviolence, Civil Rights Movement & Nonviolence, and Video clip from about Freedom Riders & Nonviolence.
- There is a wonderful interactive map displaying the Freedom Riders travels from May 4-24, 1961 here: Freedom Riders rides.
- You will be able to find detailed information on the people Diane Nash, Martin Luther King Jr, John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, and Eugene “Bull” Connor on this page: People involved with the Freedom Rides. Make sure to used the right sidebar to locate the different people on this page.
- Listen to some of the popular songs of freedom during the civil rights movement here: Songs of Freedom.
- Finally, if you have decided to create a timeline of the major events of the Freedom Rides, there is a great one on the PBS website that will be of great help: PBS Freedom Riders Timeline
If you happen to come across any other websites that you think could help with the assignments or that you think Mr. Toomajian and I would enjoy, please post the link in the comments sections.
Have a great Friday!