Hope you've gotten some rest this weekend. We'll all be seeing each other again tomorrow. Can't wait!
Some things to consider as you do your homework today:
- You've only got those three thematic questions as required homework. We will use them tomorrow in class, so everyone had better have them.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to send me a rough draft of your persuasive letter. More advice on your persuasive letter is on the blog here.
- If you're in 803 and you didn't take the test yet, your test will be Tuesday. You should be using your study materials, including page 6 of your binder and what's on the blog here.
- My best friend from first grade, Captain Jeffrey Kennedy, is now in the process of returning from Iraq. He has planned and led missions, survived explosions, lost his friends, and received praise for his work from the top general in Iraq, David Petraeus. In at least two good, well-written, grammatically-correct paragraphs, you may e-mail me a letter that you want him to receive. You can thank him for his service, ask him questions, and tell him anything else that you think is important. If your writing is good enough, I will forward your e-mail to Captain Kennedy and you'll get extra credit on a test.
- There are still great opportunities for discussion on the blog today. We haven't said all there is to say about the proposed mosque near Ground Zero. And I really want to know what you think of Mark Zuckerberg's donation to the Newark public schools.
Sorry if I don't return your e-mails promptly this evening. I'm going to be at Yankee Stadium!!!